The Powell Fenwick Pool Water Team are passionate about pools, whether designing a large aquatic centre or a domestic pool, our goal is to provide engineering solutions that exceed expectations
Our Pool water team specialise in the design of aquatic centres and water facilities. Specific aquatic centre knowledge & experience adds significant value to our design team when dealing with large energy use, coupled with a highly corrosive environment, to ensure that a high quality facility is designed and constructed.
Our goal is to provide our clients with engineering solutions that exceed expectations, are fun, functional and are reliable in the long term.
Services We Offer Include:
Specialised Aquatic Engineering
- Structural design; from small residential pools to full aquatic centres and water facilities, we can provide a design that is watertight, durable and corrosion resistant
- HVAC systems that are energy efficient and corrosion resistant
- Water feature advice and design
- Water treatment systems
- A range of engineering disciplines under one roof, which reduces time spent in meetings and correspondence, while ensuring a well coordinated design.
Preliminary and Developed Designs
- Consideration of primary energy source options and providing an economic solution
- Provision for the delivery and storage of hazardous fuels and chemicals
- Natural daylight analysis for enclosed facilities
- Consideration and recommendation of sustainable design elements
Detailed Design and Specification
- Fully detailed design drawings
- Detailing of slab waterproofing systems, essential on aquatic centres and water facilities to keep the ground water out and pool water contained
- Detailed specifications
- All fully coordinated with other design professionals
This information ensures a competitive tendering process and accurate construction, resulting in the right product at the right price.
Metro Sports Facility (Christchurch)
Powell Fenwick is involved all engineering services and work begins on the facility in October 2016, with design work to be completed early to allow for construction to begin in 2017.
Jellie Park Recreation and Sport Centre Extension (Christchurch)
An extension to the existing Jellie Park facility, consisting of a new sports hall, gym & pool hall, as well as a new 25m pool, learners pool & spa pools (completed in 2008). Powell Fenwick designed the structure and all services of this extension.
EA Networks Centre (Ashburton)
Powell Fenwick designed the structure and all services for the new aquatic facility and sports centre.
Selwyn Aquatic Centre (Rolleston)
Powell Fenwick designed all the services for the $14.7M facility which features an 8-lane 25 metre main pool, hydrotherapy, Learn to Swim and leisure pools.
St Margaret's College Pool
A replacement for the existing school pool, which was damaged in the Christchurch earthquakes. Powell Fenwick designed the pool water services.
Graham Condon Recreation and Sport Centre (Christchurch)
A new sports facility for the Christchurch City Council (completed in 2011), comprising of a sports hall, gym and pool hall. Powell Fenwick designed the structure and all services for all three of these zones, as well as the four swimming pools.
The centre is unique as it recovers heat from a refrigeration plant, in the adjacent supermarket, to heat the main and learners pool.
Blenheim Aquatic Centre
An upgrade and extension to the existing aquatic and sports centre (completed in 2011). Powell Fenwick designed the mechanical and pool water systems for the facility.
Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre Learn to Swim Extension (Christchurch)
An extension to the existing centre (completed in 2012). Powell Fenwick designed the structure and all services of the new pool hall and swimming pool.
Belfast Pool Renovation
An upgrade to the the existing outdoor community pool, to make it more user friendly for the school. Powell Fenwick designed the pool water services for the pool.
Wharenui Pool Upgrade (Christchurch)
A significant plant upgrade for the existing pools (completed in 2010). Powell Fenwick designed the new services for this facility, including upgrading the heat source and pool water service, as well as the structural requirements of supporting these services.
Lyttelton Pool Heating Upgrade (Christchurch)
A heating upgrade for the Christchurch City Council outdoor pool (completed in 2010), replacing the existing electric boiler with a new air-sourced heat pump.