Mechanical Engineer - Queenstown
We have recently opened an office in central Queenstown due to our involvement in numerous large projects in the area, ranging from new commercial developments through to high end residential housing.
We are therefore seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our Queenstown office, as we continue to grow our presence in the region.
We are looking for someone who is dynamic, people focused, and keen to add value to our development in the Queenstown market.
This position will include:
- Design of mechanical systems for buildings
- Construction observation
- Liaison with clients, architects, project managers, councils and contractors
- Providing support to the Christchurch based Mechanical Directors, Senior and Junior engineers
- Keeping up to date with relevant design codes and standards
- Verbal and written reporting to clients
- Management of project delivery
- Attendance at consultant meetings
- Fostering client relationships
- On-going professional development
Key requirements for this position:
- Queenstown based
- New Zealand design experience
- Experience in building services (preferably mechanical engineering).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- NZ resident or hold a current work permit
- Full, clean New Zealand drivers licence
- Ability to work within a team and independently
Benefits of working at Powell Fenwick:
- Friendly, supportive work environment
- Good sized team
- Wide range of projects
- Competitive remuneration package with paid overtime and bonuses
- Close interaction with engineers from a range of disciplines
- Work with industry leaders in the field of innovative and sustainable green design
- Great social club activities
This is position will be tailored to meet the experience of the applicant, as well as opportunities for further career development.
If this sounds like you, please send your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.