Don’t call us in the middle of the night to measure the party down the street (call the Council), but we would be keen to help with any other issues of your noise affecting your neighbour or your neighbour’s noise affecting you.
Our expertise includes:
- Environmental noise and vibration measurement and monitoring
- Addressing noise rules in District Plans, and in consent conditions
- Building acoustic insulation assessments for reduction of noise from road, rail, aircraft/airport and port infrastructure, and vineyard frost fan noise etc.
- Prediction of noise from buildings, plant/equipment and human activities including noise modelling
- Industrial noise control
- Noise compliance assessments and assessment of environmental effects (AEE) to accompany resource consent or plan change applications
- Outline plan of works (OPW) noise assessments
- Peer review of resource consent applications on behalf of Councils
- Expert representation at hearings or in court
Powell Fenwick’s friendly team of acoustic engineers include members in the Acoustical Society of New Zealand (NZAS), and the Institute of Acoustics (IOA - UK), as well as Engineering New Zealand Chartered Professional Engineers.