Environmentally Sustainable Design
At Powell Fenwick we have been incorporating ESD principles into our designs for many years. When a Green Star rating is not necessarily applicable or desired, applying ESD principles can enhance the building design considerably.
We can provide and offer advice on ESD over a range of disciplines.
Examples of ESD include:
- Advice on overall building envelope design, including the use of shading, efficient glazing and thermal mass
- Minimising environmental impact by assisting in the selection of recycled and environmentally friendly materials
- Design of water efficient systems, including rainwater and greywater collection and reuse
- Provide enhanced health, comfort and efficiency through effective heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Designing energy efficient power and lighting systems
- Reduced running costs by designing all building services tailored to your unique building.